The face is just a few dozen square inches above the neck, covered with a layer of dough. Isn’t that right? I wanted to think so. I told myself a million times it was only a layer of skin, a surface. But now I’m not so sure. The face is the door to the soul. When the face is closed off, so too is the soul. Nobody is allowed inside. The soul is left to rot, reduced to ruins. It becomes the soul of a monster, rotten to the core. I feel as if I’ve been buried alive.
You lost all interest in this world. You were disappointed and discouraged, and lost interest in everything. So you abandoned your physical body. You went to a world apart and you’re living a different kind of life there. In a world that’s inside you.
Haruki Murakami, 1Q84 (via killheji)
(Source: rabbitinthemoon) —
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it’s not the same river and he’s not the same man.
― Imaam Al Ghazali (via psych-quotes)
LOL this quote is by Heraclitus. —
Undercover autumn / winter 1998-99
Michael Koppelman of London-based streetwear organisation Gimme 5 has collaborated with Takahashi on one-offs and special projects for his hideout store since it opened in 1998. ‘At the time of the “scab” collection, some of Jun’s assistants came over to london,’ he anecdotalises, ‘and they told me that a lady selling fruit on oxford street came and gave them some bananas, because she thought they were homeless. They were happy, not only because of the random act of kindness, but also because it meant the clothes seemed real. That’s the difference between what Jun does and what others do; it’s not based on “yachting” or something, it’s based on street culture.
— koppelman on takahashi’s special projects
Real-Time Face Tracking and Projection Mapping
Impressive proof-of-concept demonstration from OMOTE which accurately projects visuals onto a moving human face - video embedded below:
Just your daily reminders:
- Racists are a problem
- White people are not
- Homophobes are a problem
- Straight people are not
- Transphobes are a problem
- Cis people are not
- Sexists are a problem
- Men are not
And most importantly,
- Hating an innocent person solely because of their race, sexuality, or gender makes you a fucking asshole
Just some actual daily reminders:
- All white people do racist things without being aware they are
- All straight people do homophobic things without being aware that they are.
- All Cis people do transphobic things without being aware that they are.
- All men do sexist things without being aware that they are.
- Saying things like ‘some men’, ‘some cis people’ absolves the blame of individuals and only seeks to comfort those with privilege and power.
- When a post says ‘some X’, the X will always assume that they are not because THEY ARE NOT AWARE.
And most importantly,
- It’s called metonymy, when anyone who is oppressed makes an exasperated statement like ‘i hate straight people’, they are substituting straight people for the concept of a system and a culture that teaches, incentives, and legitimizes homophobic acts and normalizes homophobic acts so that straight people constantly do honophobic things without realizing it and that’s really fucking annoying.
And just as important,
- The concept of sjws dehumanizes marginalized people and categorizes them as an ‘angry and emotional’ stereotype and only adds to the oppression of marginalized people under the guise of being ‘fair’, while the only thing you are doing is cushioning privileged people from their own ignorance and privilege.
This is for the two jerks I just unfollowed for reblogging that idiotic post re: Ferguson that goes “but not all white people are racist, boooh”. Read and think about your life choices.